Are you planning to travel with you pet? Did you know that in order to travel between states with an animal you may be required to have a Health Certificate filled out by a USDA accredited veterinarian?  Likewise, to travel to another country with your pet may require additional paperwork and testing. Before traveling, please be sure to research the requirements of your destination (and your home state’s requirements for returning). Please visit the USDA-APHIS site for important information about travel requirements:

If your travels require an interstate health certificate, please call our office to schedule an appointment. Most inter-state health certificates are good for 30 days. Your pet will need an up-to-date Rabies vaccination for all health certificates.

Some states, including Hawaii, have rigorous entry requirements. Please allow at least 6 months for the appropriate testing and paperwork to be filed for travel to Hawaii with your pet. We recommend a consultation appointment at the start of the process, to discuss the steps needed for a pet to enter this state.

Our office does not write international health certificates.

If traveling by air, your airline may have additional requirements. Please note, some airlines are asking veterinarians to vouch on an animal’s behavior prior to travel.  As we do have interaction with your pet outside of our clinic environment, we cannot sign these forms.

Please do not hesitate to call our office or schedule an appointment if you have any questions about traveling with your pet!