The purposes of the society are:
- To provide a service to individuals and families requiring temporary foster-care of family pets in times of crisis,
- To provide to the community at large, a resource for the placement of family pets left or in risk of being left, by individuals or families in time of crisis;
- To refer to species-specific rescue groups for permanent re-homing/adoption, if return to the family is not possible;
- To support, as appropriate, re-united pets and families with resources including, but not limited to:
- Education on pet care (medical, behavioural, housing, nutrition)
- Adapting to changed conditions (housing, disability, family structure)
- Options for re-homing.
- To promote the importance of pets in individuals’ and families’ lives and to assist in maintaining those relationships in times of crisis.